Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bands Faking It...


Scratch what I said about not having any posts for the next couple of days. I didn't realize I could schedule posts for future dates... very handy! Anyway, as mentioned in the last post, my band is playing a show tonight in Los Angeles. As an electronic band, it's obviously not possible for us to play every single note live, but I've got a drummer and a keyboard player who I think add a lot to the show. Sure, sometimes we screw up, or sometimes I get sick and my voice sounds like crap, but that's part of the appeal of actually playing live - that risk that something might go wrong. Sure, it can jangle your nerves a bit, but I think it translates in to a special kind of energy that is lacking if you don't. Not all bands see it this way, though, and I've lost count of how many bands I've seen play where everything is canned. With that in mind, I give you this short-lived blog consisting of YouTube clips of techno acts being caught in the act of doing their best Marcel Marceau impressions...

1 comment:

Terance of Athens said...

I checked out some of the deadacts. Damn! They sure bring a lot of gear out for what they could have done with an MP3 player. I feel bad sometimes because SOME of our music is sequenced, and all we have live is guitar, cello or keys, and vocals. Next to these acts guys like us look like the NY Philharmonic.